CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Monday, May 26, 2008

Lazy or Tired?

I haven't been blogging much lately. On Tuesday my parents came into town for a visit. It was sort of a spur of the moment kind of thing. The opportunity presented itself and they jumped on it. The boys were thrilled to have them here. Uncle Brian and Austin got to spend a lot of time playing together. Mom and I shopped for some quilting fabric to make some baby quilts. We have decided to get some made and see if anyone would like to by them. I'll get some pictures posted up as we have them ready. This is yet another creative outlet for me! Anything artsy and crafty has my name all over it. It was nice just getting to hang out with my parents. The visits always go by entirely too fast, but I still cherish any visits we have. They were so kind and watched the boys for us on one evening so Eric and I could have sort of a date out. We had to run an errand, but errands without kids are amazingly easier! Then we went to a book store and stopped for ice cream. It was so nice getting out by ourselves. We couldn't remember the last time we'd done something like that! So, thanks again Mom and Dad! :) My mom's birthday was on the Tuesday they arrived....so I made cup cakes for the special day. I found a recipe to make some hostess cupcakes from scratch. They were so good! It was hard to wait until she got here to eat them. I was bad and forgot to take pictures. Things are a little crazier when you get my family together. We went to some neat stores while they were here. They even found some honey that was made locally. I have been suffering from really bad allergies. Nothing seems to be helping. The pollen counts have been extremely high. So, now I'm trying eating honey that was made in this area to see if it will help my allergies improve. They are a little better, but still dragging me down. It was hard trying to be energetic while my parents were here. By Thursday, I started for have a bit more energy. So, I may have to just give in and make a doctor's appointment, but I'm really crossing my fingers that eating honey and taking bee pollen will work it's magic, because doctor visits are time consuming and costly! In the mean time I am just trying to make myself do the things I need to do. I'm thankful today is a holiday weekend! Unfortunately, we are spending it building a storage shed for the backyard. That is another fiasco which is another blog topic in itself! So stay tuned for The Lowe's Saga of the Backyard Shed! :) I'll try and get some pics up here real soon! We also have a bear that's been spotted hanging around in our area! Not too far from our house! I'll write more about that in my next post! :)

1 comments:

Pauline said...

I am looking forward to hearing your "Lowe's Story". I hope you guys are doing well and we will talk with you soon. I am glad you had a fun time with your parents.
Pauline